2009/08/07

Guilty Sketches


Well a bit guilty...since Deb and I returned from a nine day cruise of the Caribbean this week and although I brought two sketch books along with me I never attempted to open either one of them instead chosing to wallow in the sun like a beached walrus, intoxicated on buckets of brewskis and margaritas and watching the tie string on my bathing suit get shorter by the day. So I'm posting some sketches that were laying around just to keep the old blog current in an effort to ease my guilt knowing that some of you guys never miss an opportunity to sketch (even while you're taking the morning shower by most accounts).

10 comments:

Mug It Up!/Jim H said...

Sounds like you were having a grand time!
These are fun sketches. I really like that cartoon style that you do, and would like to see some more of that posted!
Wecome back.

Will Appledorn said...

however old, there's some kickass stuff here.

Vincenzo said...

Hey Jim
We did have a terrific time...very bourgeois ;)
Thanks for the comments on the sketches and I know I should put up more of the cartoon stuff...they've always been more fun for me!!!

...and Thanks Will!! I guess you know what it's like having all these little sketches and doodles lying around that are waiting to be taken a little further...hopefully someday!

Eduardo Vieira said...

I definitely think you should be guilty a couple times again, in order to give us some more sketch gifts like these! Amazing job, mr. Altamore! :-)

Vincenzo said...

You're way too kind Eduardo...many, many thanks!!!

GOGOPEDRO said...

Your work is a pleasant mixture of inspiration and frustration for me...

Great looking studies..

P

Vincenzo said...

I see no frustration in your amazing work my talented friend!!!!

Don Coker said...

Very nice work, Vincent! Love it.

Vincenzo said...

Thanks Don for taking the time to stop by and comment...much appreciated!!!

All the best

Vince M said...

Is that Shelly Berman on the lower right? Love it!! These are great.