2008/09/21

Tekkonkinkreet

I originally came across this post about the background art in the anime film "Tekkonkinkreet" on the Lines & Colors blog. The links it provided had the most amazing stuff I had seen...the attention to detail was incredible!!! The book (books as I later found out) were not available in the U.S. so I went to Amazon Japan and was able to order them. Although the books are small in size the artwork on their pages make them well worth owning!!!
The book with the White cover has the finished color renderings and the Black cover contains the original pencil sketches that the later artwork was based on. I guess they could've combined both books but in any case they're both terrific. I'm not a big fan of anime but I will definitely rent this one just for the beauty of it's production art.














Tekkonkinkreet: Black & White

"i seldom do" Live Journal / Tekkonkinkreet

SOFTIMAGE|XSI User Profile: Studio 4°C TEKKONKINKREET

Studio4c

0 comments: