2009/04/26

Inspiration / Arthur Szyk










Arthur Szyk (pronounced "Shick") was a Polish-born American artist, famous for his anti-Axis political illustrations, caricatures, and cartoons during World War II. Szyk was a brilliant draughtsman and I'm sure his work influenced many Illustrators and Cartoonists (I can definitely see elements of his style in the work of the greats, Mort Drucker and Jack Davis)!


Szyk.Org

Szyk.Com

Szyk Images (Google)

Szyk Online Exhibition / The United States Holocaust Memorial Museum

4 comments:

Hels said...

I have a few Szyks but I am leaving this comment largely because I have a lot of William Dobells. I was delighted to find one of your old posts on Dobell and have created a link to my blog.

Many thanks
Hels
Art and Architecture, mainly

Vincenzo said...

Thank you Helen for taking the time to post a comment. Dobell is wonderful, and I'm so glad that I finally became aware of his work.

I'm also glad that I've been introduced to your very informative blog...I am adding it to my ever growing list of favorites as well!!!

All the best

Dominic Philibert said...

His work is simply amazing!

patrick mate said...

Thank you so much for this post Vincenzo.